Saturday, April 22, 2017

Santorini, Greece: Part 1

Hi all,


Yesterday, when we sailed into Santorini, Greece, I was sick ... cold, allergies, not sure, never-the-less I stayed in bed and Pat caught the tender into town and went on the excursion. 

Pat has agreed and has the ball to write this blog.  I’m sure she’ll get around to it in the next few days, but she enjoys reading, and relaxing, etc. and is not quite as obsessed about the blog as I am.  This is a chronological place holder for future entries.

So at this point, I can do one of three things:
1). Write it myself and make stuff up, you know - like alternative facts
2). Nag her until she gets it done, or
3). Simply wait for a few days and let her do it on her schedule.

I choose number 3 ... 50 years of marriage has shown this is the best policy.

In the interim, I’ll share the latest in ship protocol and safety.  Today, leaving  Athens we had another life boat drill.  Pictured below are 150 of my new friends who are assigned to our lifeboat. 


This is my third drill and I have it down pretty good.  Even so,  the crew would not allow me to take my cocktail on deck, nor would they allow me to teach everyone the Macarena while we waited.  Go figure.






No comments:

Post a Comment